Sunday, February 8, 2009

Decisions, Decisions...

Well, we haven't posted in a while because we've been doing a lot of thinking (my brain hurts). We did receive our CIS clearance (at least we're told it is in the mail), but we are thinking about withdrawing from China and switching to domestic. I think we may not be cut out for the China wait. Though we were told the wait would be 3.5 years, there is more and more talk that the wait is getting even longer or that the country will even close. I don't think at this point it may be the gamble that we are willing to take to become parents. Though I feel such a strong connection to China because of the time I spent there, the thought of possibly being able to become parents in 2009 via domestic is VERY appealing to us. We're exploring our options and will keep you posted...

3 comments:

Artist said...

That is completely understandable. Domestic adoptions happen very quickly. I have a friend that adopted two babies domestically and couldn't be happier with her kids.

Lori B. said...

I'm sure you'll make the right decision....
You guys will be such great parents! I'm so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

How did it go? I hope everything went well. Call me!