Well, if you cannot tell from the change in our blog's design... we've got AMAZING news! The Coffey Bean is coming and it is a baby girl!
It all started last week. I had to travel to Arlington for six days for work. For some reason, I just had a feeling that we would hear from our caseworker. We did, but unfortunately we decided the situation was not one in which we would want our profile shown. I must admit, I was a little crushed as I thought that my premonition was going to lead to something. Little did we know, it would... we just had to wait a few more days.
On Tuesday at 4:45, my cell phone rang and it was our caseworker. I figured she had another questionable situation and wanted to ask if we would want our profile shown. That was NOT the case. She said that she had sent our profile out last week without telling us (refer back to my premonition - I was right - and Chris had a dream that morning about a baby!), and that the couple chose us as the adoptive parents for their baby. WE ARE GOING TO BE PARENTS!!! Ladies and gentleman, mark your calendars... the due date is July 8, 2009!
(We have gone into frantic/excited prep mode. Tomorrow is "paint the nursery day," so check back later this weekend for photos.)
5 comments:
Sooooooooooooooooooooooo happy for you!!! Griffin will have to fight Drake for his new girlfriend! Congratulations!
We are so excited for the two of you!!! Congratulations!
I'm so excited for you guys! Let me know if you want a pal to go to Babies R Us! Your lives are about the change forever. =)
YIPPEEE!
Oh Kelly! I am so excited for you!Congratulations!
Post a Comment